Wednesday, February 11, 2009

With all the turmoil going on in the world it's no wonder that all of the so-called role models are falling off their pedestals. What ever happened to the everyday hero anyway? When you think about it, a woman having a baby might seem commonplace but in reality childbirth is frought with danger and the possibility of so many things that can go wrong. Now think of the woman who, later in life, decides to have a child and those risks just multiply. I know of a woman who took that risk at the age of 39 and gave birth just past her 40th birthday. A brave lady to say the least ... right? Now, this lady did this in 1950 and in giving birth in 1951, she instantly became my hero! I call her "Mom"! Mom passed on in 2000 but left our family with a lifetime of measures we try to live up to. She passed on her nutty sense of humour to me and I have passed it on to my children as well. I try to spread a good dose of it around everyday ... it seems that this is my mission.

JoJo & I are leaving tonight on another Yukon run. Today is our 5th wedding anniversary and I told her that I'm gonna take her to see the Northern Lights for our anniversary. I am so happy that we met and got married. There has never been a person in my life quite like her. What an amazing, wonderful person she is. She has a nutty sense of humour too ... how lucky can I get, eh? I truly am the richest man on earth.

February in southern British Columbia is a very beautiful time. The city crews in Delta were laying sod today as we came in from Edmonton! It is a delightful +9C here in Delta with the sun shining and just a few clouds. Our little poodle, Truffles, got out for a nice walk today and got to sniff a myriad of telephone poles, posts, bushes, trees and other dogs' poop. She musta been in heaven ... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment